Wednesday 14 September 2011

Studio Update

While I had to take a bit of a break from working on the studio due to Artwalk, but Carl has been continuing to put up eaves, trim and getting it to lock up stage while battling the wasp nest near the back. I've been painting the exterior and absolutely love the colour scheme. Red roof, white siding, grey trim and a set of purple french doors. YES! Purple!!!
The electrician is here this week and then we get to start the fun part, finishing. We're going to be much faster at this stage (I say this now) as we've done a lot of finishing renovations throughout the three houses we've owned.
I'm getting really excited about setting the studio up to work in and constantly searching online for furniture, lighting and an electric fireplace. I'm hoping to have my desk set up in the front left corner with a filing cabinet and a small couch (hide-a-bed for guests) on one wall, the electric fireplace on the other, a shelf/cabinet along the window and my easel set up so I can look out both the large window and the french doors.
I can't wait and I'm hoping the next update will have photos of insulation, walls and maybe some paint!


No comments:

Post a Comment